Andy Beshear is running for Governor of Kentucky
- Pledged to work with both sides of the aisle putting politics aside to improve the lives of Kentucky working men and women.
- Supports the infrastructure jobs critical to UA members as well as responsible bidder policies to ensure a level playing field for our contractors.
- Will support legislation to overturn the prohibition of prevailing wages on public construction project ensuring UA members are paid higher wages
- Will overturn the prohibition of prevailing wages on public construction project ensuring UA members are paid higher wages
- Will properly investigate workplace injuries and overturn the restrictions placed on the benefits for injured workers even when they have permanent, lifelong disabilities
- Will re-appoint UA and Building Trades representatives to the Apprenticeship and Training Council after they were fired by current governor and replaced by non-union contractors.
- Will seek to overturn the massive tax cut for the rich passed by current governor and lower taxes for working families.
- Will crack down on illegal immigrants being misclassified as independent contractors and ensure Kentucky jobs go to Kentucky citizens.
John Bel Edwards
John Bel Edwards
- Supports the infrastructure jobs critical to UA members and has a plan to rebuild our water and energy infrastructure.
- Strong support for the Harrah's New Orleans Hotel creating good-paying jobs for UA members
- Stands by labor and supports UA apprenticeship and training programs.
- Made critical appointments to the Louisiana State Plumbing Board for UA Members
- Open door policy for UA leadership and members to address concerns and proactively
- As Attorney General he has fought to enforce pro-worker laws and strengthen labor standards benefitting all UA members.
- Has no fear pursuing low road contractors who exploit workers and seek to lower wages.
- Has a robust infrastructure plan to put UA members to work focusing on water and energy jobs.
- Will seek to cut taxes on working families.
- Will take on big insurance and pharmaceutical companies to lower healthcare and drug costs.
- Will force lawmakers to open the books to show exactly how they are spending tax dollars to ensure a fair shake for working men and women.